If you rent your place of residence, you need tenant insurance. Tenant insurance covers the contents that you own in the case of a loss as a result of fire or theft. Your possessions are important – having the right coverage in place can give you peace of mind that your clothes, furniture, electronics, books, etc. will be replaced if you encounter a loss.

Tenant insurance also provides liability for any injuries sustained on property that you are responsible for. For example, if someone slips and falls, you could be held financially responsible. Living in a complex, in a worst-case scenario, if you cause damage to the entire complex by a fire that started in your unit, you could be responsible for the damage to the entire complex, not just your unit.

Additionally, as a result of damage to your property, tenant insurance will cover additional living expenses while you stay somewhere else until your home is repaired.

No one wants to face an insurance claim, but if you do we have a dedicated Claims Advocate who will be with you every step of the claims process. If you have any questions about tenant insurance, contact us today and we will be happy to discuss it with you.